Wednesday, January 30, 2013


Feedback - The India I dream of...


Book Name : When Life tricked me.. and love kicked me...Author : Vikrant Khanna
Synopsis : Story about a bunch of youngsters who come together to serve a common purpose, MAKE A CHANGE! They turn to the social networking world of Facebook. But, in a country where the attitude 'chalta hai' works, in every walk of life-will Facebook and a bunch of youngsters be able to change, and will we Indians even care for the effort. Come and be part of the change.....with Harsh, Dev and Nikita.

My Personal Review : I among many others, was anxiously waiting for this book release, after the author's fantastic debut of 'When Life tricked me'. This book by its title, and the sheer talent of the author in terms of his writing skills and exemplary language was sure to catch everyone by storm. Its a good novel to read, especially when we as Indians can connect to this book, for the author has mentioned nothing unrealistic but, things that happen in our every day-t0 day life. Character potrayal was good, I liked the character of Dev. The book goes slow in certain places, picks up in others-overall a good read, it gets the message across LOUD AND CLEAR to every Indian reading the book. In comparison to Vikran't first book, I believe he has gone a few notches lower in terms of expectations from his fans. Looking for a resurgence from Vikrant in his next book. On a scale of 5, I'd give a 3.5. 



A little on Vikrant : A guy who plays the guitar, composes songs and does a bit of cooking is surely gotta be one cool dude. To top it all he is the captain in the Merchant Navy. A wonderful person and a good author. Go well buddy! You are truly blessed and talented, keep up the good work :)

No comments: